Wednesday 2 September 2015

400 days of :)

Today marks my 400th day of going to BPM Fitness (My work-out started on July 30, 2014). Reduced from 23.4% to 15.5% in fat %. Reduced from 130 lb to 115 lb approximately in weight. I can plank for 10 minutes and hang for about 2 minutes. I may join the 100-burpee challenge when the trainer sets the rules. 

June
July
August


I recall attending my my first class with loads of doubts and scares: “Is this right for me?” “What if I hurt myself?” Since graduating from high school, I stopped working out systematically under supervisions. Most of the exercises were foreign to me: bench presses, deadlifts, head slice … and etc. I felt like Alice in Wonderland, except, I was amazed by how many ways there are (let alone some are weird) to sweat and to work our bodies out. 


The biggest surprise is I haven’t been sick since. I get sore throat at least once every winter to the extend that I would not be able to talk. Last winter was brutal in Ontario Canada. However, I passed without health issues. 


There are shifts in what I eat.
In one post, “Beach Ready!”, I talked about morning juice:
  • Juice of 1 lemon or lime;
  • 1/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt;
  • 1/4 tsp pure stevia/raw honey;
  • 1 L purified water.


I struggle to reduce daily intakes of carbohydrates. Donating my rice cooker is a big leap for me, an Asian girl. Instead of rice, I stock on sweat potatoes and corns for cravings. Although I am still having noodles, vermicelli and zoodles are nice substitutes.


My plate is usually loaded with greens. A key is variety. I made a mistake of constantly having spinach salad. I was constantly feeling drained and sleepy. I was told that my body got immune to spinach and lead to low level of minerals. 


Smoothies are quick and easy to have daily. You can put any vegetables and fruits (low GMI preferred) you like and press the button. You can drizzle honey if you want. 


Work out at least 3 times a week. It is not unusual to feel less motivated to go. I do need to drag myself to go. However, it always pays off. 



Don’t focus on the numbers. Recently, I was not happy with some numbers as gaining muscles is not my goal and my muscle mass increased by 6 lbs in two months. After few discussions with the coaches, I decided to ignore it. As long as I stay healthy and look healthy, numbers are just numbers. 


I am always generous in rewarding myself with sweets. Sometimes, I want to feel sugar buzzed or simply buzzed with alcohol. The guilts then motivate myself to push harder.


Maintain optimistic and calm is also critical. After intensive activities, calming your body and mind down is beneficial. 

No comments:

Post a Comment