Wednesday 26 June 2013

Blonde K-pop Idols (female)


A friend asked me, “why are there so many blonde Asian girls?”, during a conversation about hairstyles, “... you know, the color is actually different from Caucasian blonde...” 

Blonde has been trendy in Asia for years, simply because lots of Asian girls look nice in blonde hairstyle. 

K-pop has been leading the fashion trend not only in Korea, but also the whole Asian style for years. Ga-in, the idol in PSY’s recent “Gentlemen” MV, changed her hair color into blonde last year. Meanwhile, each girl group has at least one blonde barbie.

Let’s see some pictures to compare:

  • Lee Hyori: A iconic k-pop star. Lots of catchy songs and lots of trendy images. She is the trademark of K-pop in my eyes. I will do one post on Lee Hyori only. I like her style and personalities.

  • Ga-in (Brown Eyed Girls): She actually bleached her hair for her album, “Bloom”, last year. I like the more elf-like image when she’s blonde. In the image below, she is actually tinker bell. 
  • Jessica (Girl’s Generation): Jessica is the first K-pop idol came into my mind when I think of the word blonde. She also acted in the musical “Legally Blonde” in Korea. I hardly found any images of her in other hair colors. 
  • Gyuri (Kara): Gyuri is over-confident and calls herself “God of Beauty”. She is good-looking overall. I think she looks the same in these two hair colors.
  • Hyuna (4 minutes): I like Hyuna in every hairstyle. Unfortunately, she receives lots of critics on her sexy moves. There’s nothing wrong of being sexy.
  • Seo Inyoung (Jewelry): The first impression of her is mischievous on several Korean entertainment programs. After knowing her from various sources, I became a follower of her fashion senses.

  • CL (2ne1): I’m sure Jeremy Scott fan is familiar with her. Her signature small Asian eyes are well received by the fashion world. Her style is bold and outrageous like the girl group she’s leading.

    It's quite interesting after comparing the pictures of the same idol. Hair color defines the person differently. Which one is your favourite?

No comments:

Post a Comment