Sunday 16 June 2013

Vintage Photograph

On a rainy Sunday, not motivated to get involved any busy schedules.
Decided to spend my day with old and vintage photos from fashion magazines. Amazed by the elegance, exquisite lines, fabrics and details of the designs.

Jean Patchett, 1950s: Love the warm peach tone of this photo. 



- Givenchy, 1950s: A fusion of elegance and simplicity. Personally, I dislike women who smoke, but I enjoy seeing one holding a cigarette like the model in the picture, like Audrey Hepburn at Tiffany's, like Maggie Cheung in the movie, "In the Mood for Love".



- Christian Dior, 1953: Beautiful folds of lace and chiffon. I like this photo more than I like this dress, more specifically, the wallpaper caught my eyes instantly. 


- Anne Gunning in Dior, 1953: An "it" girl outfit at that moment. 


- Suzy Parker in Chanel, 1956: soft but passionate red



1957: This is an ad for Scott's toilet tissue. 


- Christian Dior, 1957: The first photo of Christian Dior himself I've seen.



Lanvin, 1958: I keep wondering about the model on the left. Where is the rest of her body?


- Nina Ricci, 1963: The color of this Nina Ricci dress is like a Nanjang black-green jade, precipitated and condensed by time. It reminds my the dress from Gone with the Wind made from the velvet of the curtain.


- Audrey Hepburn in Givenchy: The simplicity of Givenchy portraits Miss Hepburn's angel-like personalities nicely.

Benedetta Barzini in Gino Charles, 1967: Neon has been trendy for years. When will this hair style be back?

No comments:

Post a Comment