Saturday 23 August 2014

Hello, Hello Kitty!

My obsession with Hello Kitty started when I was a little baby. Even I’m a working adult now, I visit sanrio website ofter to check the new collections and fight again the urge buying anything.


Hello Kitty was designed by Yoko Shimizu in 1974 as a female white Japanese bobtail cat with a cute red bow. By now, Hello Kitty is earning billions every year effortlessly. 


Sanrio is celebrating Hello Kitty’s 40th birthday in LA later this year. Also, the some of the 40th Anniversary items are available to purchase online.

There are era canvas totes designed for the 40th birthday. These totes include the images of hello kitty in each era

1974 - 1983
1984 - 1993
1994 - 2003
2004 - 2013

There’s also a series of ceramic mugs with a mascot stirrer. I love the stamp inside the mug. A downside for the microwave/dishwasher lovers, it’s not designed for them due to the metallic prints.

1974
1981
1989
1995
1997

Hello Kitty has collated Vans for a while. This special collection is fun and supercute. 


My favourite is this SK8-Hi Slim pair. The Hello Kitty detail is simple and eye-catching. 

Also, you don’t want to miss the Hello Kitty Chogokin robot figure! You can enjoy lots of action modes like flight, underwater, walking and angry to customize. It’s 4.5” (105 mm) without stand. 欲しくない!



Casio has introduced the EXILIM EX-TR15 + Baby-G watch package for the 40th Anniversary as well. It includes the camera (I always want it!) and a watch and other accessories. This is a bit pricy but you get lots of items!


I hope I’m not the only one loves Sheldon’s scene on Big Bang Theory about Hello Kitty ^^~ 


No comments:

Post a Comment