Monday 26 August 2013

Baby Steps to Jo Malone

I was in Toronto for “The Big” exhibition at ROM. As usual, I made a detour to Holt Renfrew.

After trying all the flats and heels, wondering around all the new collections, spending more money than I expected, I was leaving. But, I ended at the counter of Jo Malone. 



Originated from United Kingdom, like a British noble, sophisticated, elegant but understated. Like its website states, “ orchestrates a world of bespoke luxury ... Jo Malone London is enduringly at the forefront of perfumery”.

Its fragrances are divided in 6 categories, which are normal for perfume: citrus, fruity light floral, floral, spicy and woody. 

Citrus -
Lime Basil & Mandarin: a scent with freshness. A classic from both genders. 

Grapefruit: one of my favorite fruits. You can also sense rosemary and vetiver from this awakening and uplifting blend.


Fruity - 
Pomegranate Noir: I can feel the sophistication and silky texture from the combination of pomegranate with other fruits and spicy woods. 

English Pear & Freesia: A scent that can capture the freshness of pears. As a pear-lover, I can picture myself wearing this scent during fall.

Nectarine Blossom & Honey: one of the best-seller and the signature blend. Delicious, sweet and seductive. I got a generous amount of cologne samples. Still, this is on my shopping list now. 


Light Floral - 
Red Roses: All I remember now is the ROSE from this one. It is composed of seven types of roses all over the world. A perfect Mother’s Day gift.


Floral - 
Orange Blossom: This is my first scent purchased from Jo Malone London. I lighted it as soon as I got home. Love the scent of clementine leaves, orange blossom, and water lily. The sales told me, Kate Middleton, picked this one for her wedding!


Peony & Blush Suede: The newest member of Jo Malone London. Hasn’t been on the Canadian market yet. I’m wearing it all day since I got a sample cologne. (Again, thanks to the lovely sales.) Very sensual, flirtatious and seductive. Also on my shopping list!


Spicy - 
Amber & Lavender: This one reminds me of Africa. Exotic but clean. After a long-day of safari, this is all you want.


Woody - 

Wild Fig & Cassis: This truly wraps you into the warmth of Cassis, France and the Mediterranean. However, I’m not a fan of woody scent.


Above are all the scents I tried. I plan to purchase Nectarine Blossom & Honey and Peony & Blush Suede next time. 

Tips

for the candle:
- remember to trim the wick
- allow it to burn long enough, so the wax can melt all the way to the edge
- remember to put the lid on

No comments:

Post a Comment